Inspirational OG Prof. Jill Mellick Ph.D. (Class of 1965) Book Release - 1st December, 2021 "There You Are"
We are pleased to announce the release date for OG Prof. Jill Mellick's Ph.D. (Class of 1965) new book "There You Are" as 1st December, 2021.
Our earlier story on Prof. Jill Mellick Ph.D. profiled her inspirational story as an internationally renowned psychologist, academic, author, poet, multimedia artist and philanthropist. Please see our earlier story HERE. Previous publications for Jill include;
- The Red Book Hours: Discovering C.G. Jung's Art Mediums and Creative Process (2018)
- The Art of C.G. Jung C.G. The Foundation of the Works of C.G. Jung. Contributing
- Selected Poetry 1967 - 2017 (2018)
- "Counting" Jung Journal: Culture and Psych, University of California Press, Feb 2009, Vol. 3, No.1
- "To Cross The Great Water: A Conversation With Marion Woodman" The San Francisco Jung Institute Library Journal, May 2006, Vol. 25, No. 2
- Coming Home to Myself: Reflections for Nurturing a Woman's Body and Soul (2001) co-authored with Marion Woodman
- The Art of Dreaming: A Creativity Toolbox for Dreamwork (2001) Forward by Marion Woodman
- The Worlds of P'otsunu: Geronima Cruz Montoya of San Juan Pueblo (1996) co-authored with Jeanne Shutes
- The Natural Artistry of Dreams: Creative Ways to Bring the Wisdom of Dreams to Waking Life (1996)
- Treating the Alcoholic: A Developmental Model of Recovery (1985) co-edited with Stephanie Brown
"There You Are" documents the remarkable soulmateship between Jill Mellick and Marion Woodman. Marion Woodman was a mythopoetic author, poet, analytical psychologist, and women's movements figure. "The book is a study of the nature of deep friendship through decades of crises and joys. Because Marion was Canadian and I, Australian and living in the States, we wrote, many letters. We met, stayed with each other, knew each other's loved ones, worked together, created together and supported each other through life thretening illnesses. My archives are being stored by the same archive as Marion’s: OPUS in Santa Barbara, so OPUS will eventually receive this material. Someone will write about our relationship down the line. I’d rather that it be I who shares my best if still flawed perspective than someone who knows little about Commonwealth cultures and even less about each of us." says Jill.
Jill is quick to express her gratitude for the important relationships she has and has had in her life. She has also been an incredible support to others in her personal life and professional roles as therapist and professor. Nike CEO, John Donahoe, featured this year in the "Wall Street Journal." emphasised the importance of seeking help and highlighted his relationship with therapist, Jill Mellick, in his performing at a world-class level. A short excerpt from the article follows;
Early in his career, Nike President and CEO John Donahoe heard a speaker at a Bain & Company training program make an observation that immediately clicked with him: Elite athletes tend to view getting help as a sign of strength. "He was talking about [how] Michael Jordan didn’t only have Phil Jackson as his bench coach, but he had a personal chef; he had a psychological coach,” says Donahoe, 61..... "You people in business, you act like getting help is a sign of weakness. You act like you have all the answers. If you want to perform at a world-class level, you’ve got to feel comfortable consuming help." In the decades since, Donahoe has worked with multiple leadership coaches; seen his therapist, Jill Mellick, for 30 years; and established his own board of personal directors—trusted friends he turns to for advice.
Read the complete Wall Street Journal article HERE.
Listen to Prof. Jill Mellick's presentation to the Carl Jung Depth Psychology Reading Group on her book, "The Red Book Hours: C.G. Jung's Art Mediums & Creative Process" below.
We wish Prof. Jill Mellick every success with her new book "There You Are". Available for preorder through Amazon HERE or via Chiron Publications (https://chironpublications.com/product-category/authors/mellick-jill/).
Help us stay up to date with OG news at email@example.com.