Please find an invitation below from Somerville House Principal Kim Kiepe, for Old Girls to provide feedback on designs for the new Heritage Heart precinct at Somerville:
BSPN Architecture have hosted a series of workshops with stakeholder groups, creating a forum for each group to openly voice their suggestions. The points raised at those forums have informed the first iteration of the 'A' Block refurbishment design.
We would like to thank the students, staff, parents, old girls and all other contributors for their participation in the community engagement thus far.
Subsequently, BSPN Architecture have received further suggestions from the School on the detailed design of the external façade of 'A' Block, with the aim being to retain the elements that contribute to its special character. These ideas have now been incorporated into the next iteration of the 'A' Block façade. The updated façade and interior design elements are now provided for review.
From the beginning, the BSPN design team have understood the need for strong engagement and information sharing with both the School community and wider community.
Next steps …
We are seeking your feedback on the design of the 'A' Block façade, so that it best meets community expectation and needs.
Your participation …
We invite you to lodge your feedback in person or via email.
In person feedback
• The “A” block design images will be on display in the Vestibule of Cumbooquepa from 9.00am–4.00pm
Friday, 30 April and Tuesday 4 May.
• We regret there is no parking available on campus.
• Please sign in and out via the Principal’s Office Reception.
• You can view the architect’s images and lodge suggestions in the “Feedback” box.
• You can view the architect’s images attached to this information.
• Feedback will be accepted from Friday, 30 April – Tuesday, 4 May
• Please lodge your feedback via email Masterplan@somerville.qld.edu.au
• The opportunity to email ideas and feedback will close at 5.00pm Tuesday, 4 May.
• Consolidated feedback will be provided to the architects and shared with the community via our Master Plan
• BSPN will progress with the more detailed design of “A” Block in May.
• It is anticipated that the refurbishment works will commence in November, 2021.
Please click here to view the Heritage Heart Project.