Congratulations OG Tracey McFarland (Hunter, Class of 1990) - Appointment to Somerville House School Council
Congratulations to OG Tracey McFarland (Hunter, Class of 1990) on her recent appointment to the Somerville House School Council
Tracey is a passionate old girl and takes great pride in having been one of the original Somerville frog mascots in the late 80s! Tracey's mother, Susan Dean (Vickery, Class of 1966) also attended Somerville House from 1962 to 1966. Now with three Somerville daughters who are the third generation at the school, Tracey felt it was time to get more involved in an advisory capacity as part of the School Council.
Tracey McFarland (Hunter) and her mother Susan Dean (Vickery)
Tracey pictured with her three daughters from left (Lara McFarland, Jess McFarland and Alexandra McFarland (Class of 2018)
Over the last 30 years, Tracey has worked for iconic Australian organisations and brands like Qantas, Telstra, Suncorp, QSuper, Blue Care and Lifeline in customer experience, sales marketing and communications. Currently, the Chief Experience Officer at Australia’s largest Early Learning and Care provider, Goodstart, Tracey brings professional experience in a $1bn+ Education social enterprise to the contemporary challenges of education in a digital age and pandemic. As a parent, old girl, Foundation and Council member - Tracey is proudly part of the Somerville Community and committed to making a difference to girls!
We celebrate the opportunity for a third generation Somerville House family stepping into the role. Please read Tracey's full profile on the PMSA website HERE.
We would also like to welcome Fiona Gaske newly appointed Chair, Somerville House School Council.
Fiona Gaske - B Mus (Voice) MSpPath, GAICD
Key current and previous appointments, awards and qualifications include:
- Current Chair Regional Development Australia – Darling Downs South West
- Graduate Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Fellow – Australian Rural Leadership Program
- Director South West Health and Hospital Board
- Finalist Queensland Regional Rural and Remote Women’s Network 2014
- South West Regional Economic Development Committee
- Local Government Association of Queensland’s Regional Economic Development Advisory Group
- Queensland Government’s Advancing Regional Innovation Program Committee
- Queensland Great Artesian Basin Advisory Committee.
Our congratulations to Fiona on this appointment. Please read Fiona's full profile on the PMSA website HERE.
The OGA wishes to acknolwedge the contributions of Mr Jim Demack, outgoing Chair of Somerville House School Council. Jim commenced on the School Council in August, 2017 and concluded on 14th June, 2021.