The OGA would like to wish all of the Old Girls of Somerville House a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
The year of 2019 has been a busy year for us with the introduction of our new website and portal for our members as well as hosting the Inaugural 120th Birthday for Somerville House and bringing some special projects to you including our Inspirational Old Girls Project. We look forward to exciting new developments for 2020. Keep a look out on our newsfeed as well as our facebook page to keep up to date with the latest. Our website and portal will remain active over the holiday break but this will be our last weekly digest for this year. We look forward to bringing you more regular newspieces in 2020. We would like to take the time to thank you for taking up your invitation to have a profile on the portal. We hope you are enjoying the ability to connect with other old girls and find out what other old girls are doing on the portal.
If you have some time over the break it is a great time to update your profile. We have some quick little tips how you might do this and some ways to use the portal;
1. Think about attaching a photo of yourself or another image on your profile. This is a great way to personalise your profile.
2. Update your place of work and previous places of work. This information can become a really useful networking tool as you can look up other old girls who are in the same line of business and build your network. You can look up this information by entering the type of profession or place of work in the "Keyword search" in the members section. This information also then goes into the members Directory - we hope over time that this Business Directory will become a great tool in both networking as well as looking to support other old girls businesses. We look forward to profiling some of these businesses in 2020. You can include a business logo and information about your place of business. Please email us if you would like any assistance connect@somervillehouseoga,com.au.
3. We will be looking to pair up some mentoring relationships in 2020 and already have some significant interest in this program. You can identify if you are interested in either being a mentor or mentoree in your profile. We will contact all old girls who have expressed an interest in this in early 2020.
3. Look up who else in your alumni year is on the portal to reconnect. Enter your alumni year in the "Keyword search" in the Members tab to see who else has set up a profile. Encourage other old girls from your year to activate their profile who are not yet on the portal www.somervillehousega.com.au.
4. There is a lot of content on the website. Read up about The Inspirational Old Girls Project (This is in the "Groups" tab and labelled "Inspirational Old Girls") and check for newspieces you may have missed over the last four months (News Tab). There is also some interesting information about the OGA and the Hsitory of the OGA on the OGA Tab.
5. Click "Join" to follow the Success in Stillettos group to keep up to date on networking events for 2020.
6. Check out our Gallery Tab where we keep our photos of events over the year. We have recently uploaded more photos from the 120th Brithday lunch here as well for your enjoyment.
If you would like to provide us with feedback or ideas or are looking for opportunities for being involved in our new portal, we would love to hear from you firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking forward to 2020! Best Wishes from the OGA Committee!
OGA Committee Christmas Breakfast 2019