Invitation to join Somerville House and OG Tracey Martin (Class of 1992) for Beef Week 2021 and the Longreach Show
Our Rural and Regional OG liaison Tracey Martin (Class of 1992), President of the QRRRWN (Queensland Rural, Regional and Remote Women's Network), invites Old Girls to join in a fabulous five days of events for Beef Week, at the Rockhampton Showgrounds from Monday 3rd May to Friday 7th May, 2021 in the James Lawrence Pavilion.
The QRRRWN are celebrating the contributions made by women across the Beef Industry. The goal is to ensure there is a place for women and their families to come and relax and to celebrate women in agriculture and the beef industry. Free tea and coffee are provided and a space for children to connect and be inspired.
We will be hearing from innovators, female led start-ups, founders, creatives, thought leaders and change makers from across Queensland who are making their mark in the Beef Industry.
Come and hear from the following female business leaders, founders and future makers in the beef industry;
- Julie Mayne – Beef Producer, Creative & Advocate for Rural Women
- Senator Susan McDonald, QRRRWN Members
- Dr Beth Woods, Independent Chair, Cattle Council of Australia – Policy Council
- Georgie Somerset AM – QRRRWN Past President, AgForce General President
- Melita Smith – Founder, Ceres Tag
- Four Daughters Beef
- Dr Pamela Greet, QRRRWN Member, Founder of FutureAg
- Juliette Wright OAM – QRRRWN Vice President & CEO of Givit
- Jo Palmer, Founder & Managing Director of Pointer Remote, 2019 AgriFutures Rural Women’s Award National Winner
- Robin McConchie – Inducted into the Queensland Rural Press Club’s Hall of Fame in 2011
- Fiona Lake – Rural Drone Academy
- and others
Please see QRRRWN website for further details https://www.qrrrwn.org.au/beef2021/.
Please contact Tracey Martin with any enquiries firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also share with you the below opportunity to join with Somerville House in attending Beef Week 2021 and/or the Longreach Show.
Somerville House is going On Tour in May
We warmly invite you to visit us at the following venues:
2021 Beef Week – Rockhampton
Dates: Monday 3 to Friday 7 May
Venue: Sidney Kidman Pavilion – Stand 83
Head of Boarding, Mrs Frances Greene and Director of Communication and Admissions, Mrs Amanda Houston will be there for the duration of the event with a special visit from Principal, Mrs Kim Kiepe on Thursday 6 May.
Join us for a PMSA community event with Brisbane Boys’ College
and Clayfield College at Headricks Lane.
Date and Time: Thursday 6 May, 4.30pm to 6.30pm
Venue: 189 East St, Rockhampton
Date: Friday 14 May
Venue: ‘Strathmore’, 1451 Longreach-Tocal Road (now also known
as Stonehenge River Road), Longreach
The Pearce family will be hosting the Somerville House community
event on Thursday 13 May, from 3.30pm until 5.00pm.
Please register your interest in attending one of our regional visits, so that we can keep you updated on the program of events:
RSVP via the website or via email@example.com