Come along to the OGA AGM on 18th November, 2021
Interested in becoming involved in the Old Girls' Association???
We have lots of different and interesting projects on the go and welcome new members. A great way to find out what is happening and contribute to the OGA is to come along to our AGM to be held;
Thursday 18th November, 2021
All Committee members and executive members will step down, but may be re-elected to their positions at the AGM.
Nominations are due by 11th November, 2021. The voting will be done on the night of the AGM. This will be a confidential vote, to ensure that everyone has a fair opportunity to be nominated onto the Committee.
Please find Committee position nomination form attached.
Positions for election are:
- Vice-President x 2
- Asssistant Secretary
- Assistant Treasurer
- Committee Member
Please note a Special Resolution to amend the Constitution will be proposed at the AGM.
It is intended that the following resolution be proposed as a Special Resolution:
“The Members resolve to amend the Constitution of the Somerville House (The Brisbane High School for Girls) Old Girls’ Association Incorporated by amending the Constitution to replace the existing Constitution with the updated version attached.
The purpose of the proposed Special Resolution is to amend the existing Constitution to:
- modernise it to respond to the changing objectives of the OGA
- include provision for fundraising for bursaries and scholarships
- include an updated internal grievance and dispute resolution process, as required by the Associations Incorporation and Other Legislation Amendment Act 2020 (Qld)
- remove the requirement for members of the OGA Executive to only hold a position for a maximum of three years (while remaining subject to annual re-election)
- spell out the end date of the OGA’s financial year
If you are unable to attend the AGM and would like to appoint a proxy, the Proxy Form (see attached) must be completed and signed, and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking forward to seeing as many of you as possible on the night!
Please direct any enquiries to email@example.com.